13 companies operating in Ukraine ranked among world’s top IT service providers
Earlier this week, the US industry association IAOP released the 12th edition of its annual Global Outsourcing 100 ranking to identify the best outsourcing service providers in the world.
The ranking is based on what the IAOP believes to be the best companies in each of five judging categories: size and growth, customer references, awards and certifications, programs for innovation, and corporate social responsibility.
Seven Ukrainian IT firms (up from just four last year) and six international IT companies with their R&D centers located in Ukraine got named to the listing.
Among the Ukrainian companies represented in the ranking are the following:
- SoftServe (more than 3,000 engineers in Ukraine, HQ in Lviv (Lvov), Western Ukraine);
- Eleks (almost 1,000 engineers in Ukraine, HQ in Lviv (Lvov), Western Ukraine);
- Miratech (more than 800 engineers in Ukraine, HQ in Kyiv (Kiev));
- Sigma Software (almost 600 engineers in Ukraine, HQ in Kharkiv (Kharkov), Eastern Ukraine; the company is affiliated to Swedish consulting group Sigma);
- N-IX (almost 300 engineers in Ukraine, HQ in Lviv (Lvov), Western Ukraine);
- Softengi (200 engineers in Ukraine, HQ in Kyiv (Kiev) and Kharkiv (Kharkov), Eastern Ukraine);
- Program-Ace (70 engineers in Ukraine, HQ in Kharkiv (Kharkov), Eastern Ukraine).
The last three companies — N-IX, Softengi and Program-Ace — have been listed for the first time.
“The fact that the number of Ukrainian companies in the list grows every year means that the Ukrainian IT industry is on the right track. It is already the third industry in the country by export,” said Andrew Pavliv, N-iX’s CEO and co-founder, in an exchange with Ukraine Digital News.
“Plenty of Ukrainian service providers operate in variety of industries and perform at global standards. More importantly, our IT professionals are recognized internationally as being skilled and experienced specialists. Clients are ready to trust them with most complicated tasks, from data analytics to full digital transformation of their businesses.”
The following international companies with their R&D centers located in Ukraine are mentioned in the list:
- EPAM (almost 4,000 engineers in Ukraine, HQ in the USA);
- Luxoft (almost 4,000 engineers in Ukraine, HQ in Switzerland);
- Ciklum (almost 2,000 engineers in Ukraine, HQ in Denmark);
- Intetics (250 engineers in Ukraine, HQ in the USA);
- TEAM International Services (more than 200 engineers in Ukraine, HQ in the USA);
- Softjourn (almost 100 engineers in Ukraine, HQ in the USA).
The IAOP’s ranking is compiled from applications received and evaluated by independent panel of judges from the IAOP. The outsourcing service providers named to the listing include companies from around the world providing the full spectrum of outsourcing services.